Loy Yang B has been a part of the Latrobe Valley community for more than 25 years. We are committed to supporting the community where we live and work, maintaining strong connections, and making a positive difference for organisations that contribute to our society and environment.
Our community partnership program doesn’t only provide funding for worthwhile activities and events – we seek to form lasting relationships with the groups and organisations which run them and get involved in these activities wherever possible. It also helps fulfil our social responsibility to the local community.
We are currently in the final year of a three year partnership with our five major partners:
- Odyssey House Hope Centre – foundation partner of Gippsland’s first residential alcohol and other drugs rehabilitation centre. Support for the initial build and ongoing support for operations which is equivalent to three additional beds a year for Latrobe Valley residents;
- Interchange Gippsland – Funding to assist with the annual family camp to provide respite for people with a disability and their families, and the ‘Roadies’ program which helps teens and young adults gain independence;
- Life Education Gippsland – Free access to vital health and drug information for primary school children from low socio-economic schools in Gippsland through the Life Education program. This gives them the tools they need to make the right choices for a healthy lifestyle at a young age;
- Traralgon Railway Reservoir Conservation Reserve (TRRCR) – Support spanning more than 20 years to help the volunteer committee maintain the reserve;
- Latrobe Valley and District Cricket League – A naming-rights partnership with the Latrobe Valley and District Cricket League has eliminated league fees for junior and women’s teams and provide additional support for an indigenous involvement program, which has enabled all kids and women within the league to play cricket for free and encourage participation in the sport.
This year we have allocated funding to the following projects:
- A Better Life for Foster Kids – purchase supplies for 110 suitcases given to foster kids when they are taken out of the home and into care in emergency situations;
- Berry Street – ‘Healthy Mind Healthy Body’ program for disadvantaged youths;
- Poppy Creators – supplies to assist the volunteer knitting group to help homeless/ disadvantaged people and premmie babies stay warm;
- Traralgon Bridge Club – to purchase Perspex player screens to allow members to recommence play safely post COVID-19;
- Trafalgar Men’s Shed – tools to assist with woodworking projects;
- Morwell Men’s Shed – funding towards heating for clubrooms;
- Traralgon Men’s Shed – tools to assist with major project to rebuild 60 bench seats in fire-affected East Gippsland;
- Latrobe Valley Beekeepers Association – assistance with bee education via an information trailer;
- Morwell Neighbourhood House – men’s cooking classes and food education sessions to help disadvantaged people learn to prepare and cook healthy meals on a budget;
- GARDS/Asbestos Council of Victoria – a new photocopier to keep the community connected;
- Latrobe Valley Pain Support Group – annual running costs;
- Gippsland Plains Rail Trail – promotion of rail trail for tourism to Gippsland;
- Latrobe Valley All Abilities – sports program to help kids of all abilities, including with a disability, into mainstream sport;
- Binary Shift – support for a regional innovation conference;
- Heart Focus Community Centre – funding to assist the Foodbank-style program which provides staple foods to struggling families.
We congratulate all of our community partners for the 2020/21 financial year
Our Community Partnership Program
Applications for our Community Partnership Program for the 2020/21 financial year have now closed.
We accept applications once a year, which open in May/June for the following financial year.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Loy Yang B Power Station
Copyright Loy Yang B Power Station
LYB Operations & Maintenance Pty Ltd
ABN 66 055 563 696